1. Get drunk
Because you never know if someone might try to assault you when you’re under the influence.
2. Move into certain neighbourhoods or live on certain blocks
Because the harassment is too severe
3. Travel solo
Because there are certain places where it’s just not safe to be a woman travelling alone.
4. Walk alone at night
Because we fear attackers.
5. Wear flimsy clothing when we’re out walking by ourselves
Because harassers see it as an invitation to bother us.
6. Wear loud or outrageous clothing, either
Because that’ll invite comment from strange men too.
7. Wear a ponytail
Because it will make it easier for an attacker to grab our hair
8. Engage in small talk with a man
Because he may interpret it as an invitation to come on to us in a lecherous way.
9. Let the cab driver/our date drop us off directly in front our buildings
Because we don’t want random guys to know where we live.
10. Ride our bikes late at night
Because we don’t want to deal with the harassment.