Look out of your window. What do you see?
Except it’s a mountain looming over an impressive loch, a 12th century fort or a historic pub serving 150 various kinds of whisky then you’ll want to transfer to Scotland instantly.
Nonetheless not satisfied? Listed below are 18 different causes.
1. As a result of this might be your commute.
2. As a result of you may prepare seagulls to steal crisps for you.
The large seagulls in Aberdeen are the stuff of legend, not least as a result of they’re completely pleased to wander into nook retailers and steal meals.
3. As a result of you’re by no means various miles away from surroundings like this:
Loch Lomond is only one hour’s drive from Glasgow.
4. Or this…
Glencoe is probably the most dramatic – and most photographed – glen within the Scottish highlands.
5. As a result of that is the capital metropolis.
That is the view from Calton Hill in Edinburgh. No different metropolis within the UK can beat it.
6. As a result of Scotland is heaven for mountain bikes.
Although you may wish to depart biking the infamous, knife-edge Cuillin Ridgeline in Skye to knowledgeable like Danny Macaskill. It’s a great distance down.
7. As a result of there’s a sport referred to as haggis hurling, and it’s wonderful.
Opponents take it in turns to throw a haggis so far as doable whereas standing on high of a whisky barrel.
8. As a result of the pubs keep open till 1am. They usually appear like this.
That is the attractive, distant Monachyle Mhor lodge and pub on the banks of Loch Doine.
9. They usually promote loads of this.
SO MUCH WHISKY. Aka uisge beatha, the water of life.
10. As a result of the wildlife is spectacular…
White tailed sea eagles are a typical sight on the Isle of Skye.
11. …to not point out pleasant!
‘Oh hello. Do you’ve gotten any fish?’
12. As a result of you may see the Northern Lights.
…or the ‘Mirrie Dancers’, as they’re referred to as in Shetland.
13. As a result of the meals won’t be wholesome, however it is scrumptious.
Deep fried Mars bar? Don’t thoughts if I do.
14. As a result of New 12 months celebrations final three days, and so they’re epic.
We occasion so arduous at Hogmanay that we get January the primary and second off work to get better.
15. As a result of when it snows, it snows correctly.
16. …however it’s okay, as a result of the Shetland ponies know hold heat.
Not all Shetland ponies put on cardigans, however once they do it’s unbearably cute.
17. As a result of now we have magic roads.
Electrical Brae is a peculiar stretch of highway in Ayrshire the place vehicles seem to roll uphill. Spooky.
18. As a result of there’s free leisure each August.
Nicely, in Edinburgh a minimum of. Stroll up and down the Royal Mile and also you’ll get sneak previews of a whole lot of Edinburgh Fringe acts with out having to pay a penny.