When you’re trying to impress someone, how you look, or what you’re wearing, is the first thing men see. This is what men will remember when they think about you later. Did you look messy, or were you wearing too much makeup? Take a look at this list, and if you have these things in your closet, maybe you should think about not including them on your next date.
1. Wearing excessive amounts of makeup isn’t good for anyone.
Men especially dislike it. A lot of them feel women are being ‘fake’ when they’re hiding their face with all those chemicals.
2. Not only can hair extensions look cheap, they can cause other issues for the men in your life.
Imagine being in the middle of a romantic moment, and your partner’s hair falls out in your hand. I’m sure this is a huge turn-off for men when it happens to them.
3. Not only are they ugly, but they’re made in a cruel way.
UGG boots are made from shearling, the skin from sheep with the fleece still attached. Millions of sheep are slaughtered every year, and part of them is going into these hideous boots.
4. Apparently, unless you’re a size two, men don’t want to see you in leggings.
If you have a little extra weight or don’t have defined legs, men say this look isn’t for you. And if you are the ‘type’ that can wear these, then make sure your shirt is long enough, or you’ll look like you’re on the way to an aerobics class.
5. While I believe everyone should wear what they want, I tend to agree with this one.
Excessive perfume is overwhelming to the senses. It can lead to asthma attacks, and can also cover up natural pheromones, which are known to attract people to one another.
6. Not only are they not natural looking, they tend to leave a mess behind.
No one wants to be brushing their teeth and see someone’s eyelashes sitting by their toothbrush. Also, who wants to be having a conversation with someone while their eyelash is in the middle of falling off?
7. I think most of us can agree that painted eyebrows should be done with.
Men feel that when women paint on their eyebrows they’re not being their natural self. It’s also safe to say that, if not done properly, they can leave women looking cartoon-like.
8. Fake nails are a sure way not to get a second date.
Acrylic nails cost a lot of money and require a lot of upkeep. I’m not sure where the plus side is on these, at all.
9. You may think they look good, and are super comfy, but men think differently when it comes to long dresses.
Men believe that long dresses just don’t do your figure much justice. They want to see your natural curves, and long dresses tend to cover them up.
10. While you may think fake contacts are cute, men say not so much.
Fake contacts tend to be misleading. When men are looking into your eyes, they want to see your natural eyes looking back at them.
11. These glasses without lenses definitely make you look like you’re trying too hard.
Wearing these glasses is a hipster trend that should be eliminated. Instead of looking smart, they tend to just make you look like you’re way too into cosplay.
12. This isn’t the 1980’s.
Men believe that this look is a bad blast from the past. Oversized sweaters hide a woman’s natural features, and men just don’t really like that.